Dynamic Cyclic Simple and Direct Shear Apparatus (DSS)
The VJ Tech Dynamic Simple & Direct Shear System is an advanced, versatile testing solution expertly designed to conduct a variety of shear tests, including Dynamic Simple Shear, Direct/Residual Shear, and Direct Simple Shear.
This system features two precision electro-mechanical actuators that facilitate both horizontal and vertical movements. These actuators are seamlessly controlled by the state-of-the-art Dual Axis Dynamic Servo Controller (DSC3000MM), which connects to a PC via Ethernet or USB, ensuring user-friendly operation and robust data management via our Clisp Studio Software Module.
The Dynamic Simple & Direct Shear System is enhanced by its interchangeable assembly options, allowing the user to switch between Direct Shear and Simple Shear setups based on their specific testing requirements. It is especially suitable for conducting cyclic controlled tests, thanks to its ability to generate a variety of waveforms such as Sine, Square, Triangular, Haversine, Rectangular, and Saw Tooth, in addition to accommodating User Defined waveforms.
- Highlights And Features
- Technical Specifications
- Tests performed & Standards
- Upgrade Options
• High Stiffness with low compliance
• Capable of Direct/Residual Shear tests using water carriage assembly supplied as standard
• Capable of static & cyclic Simple Shear tests using the stainless steel/hard anodised assembly
• 10kN Vertical and Horizontal Load
• Active height control
• Closed Loop Control
• Adaptive PID (Peak and Trough Control)
• USB or Ethernet connectivity for PC Control
• High Speed sensor conversion (24 bit, 500Hz)
• Electro-mechanical control using the DSC3000MM for Vertical and Horizontal loading
• Data logging via the DSC3000MM (up to 8 Input Channels per Axis) at 4000 points per cycle or 500/second
• Full control from a PC (running Clisp Studio)
• Waveforms available: Sinusoidal, Triangular, Square, Haversine, Saw Tooth, User Defined
• Supplied with all transducer and load cell brackets
• Low friction retaining rings for specimen confinement when conducting simple shear tests
• Pore pressure measurement (optional)
• Cyclic Simple Shear test (various control methods available in both axis in force, displacement, stress and height control)
• Static Simple Shear test (with active height control)
• Direct Shear
• Residual Direct Shear
A complete sample kit comprising of a Top Cap, Base Pedestal, set of 12 rings for sample confinement made of uniform thickness with two thicker rings at each end, a sample former and mould clamp for sample assembly, and 1 pack of membranes and O-rings. A variety of diameters up to 70mm are available .
Enquire Now - Dynamic Cyclic Simple and Direct Shear Apparatus (DSS)
"*" indicates required fields