Bromhead Motorised Ring Shear System
The VJ Tech Bromhead Motorised Ring Shear is a torsional ring shear apparatus, which produces accurate and repeatable test results to determine the residual shear strength of cohesive soils under drained conditions.
The Instrument is supplied as a tabletop unit for stability and a normal load is applied to the annular ring sample through a stepper motor whilst rotational shear displacement is applied to the sample by a separate stepper motor, through a fixed ratio gearbox. Shear stress is determined by a pair of load cells which provide accurate measurement of the top cap’s resistance to the rotation.
This type of Bromhead Motorised Ring Shear apparatus is widely used to determine the residual strength of soils as well as the interface residual friction angles between soils and piles. The ring-shaped soil specimens have a height of 5 mm. Tests are easily conducted; specimens are simple to form, and both soil-soil and soil-steel interface tests can be carried out with our Advanced csRING-SSI software module.
- Highlights And Features
- Technical Specifications
- Tests performed & Standards
- Upgrade Options
- Bromhead type Ring Shear apparatus
- USB or Ethernet Interface for computer control
- 7” touchscreen display and control panel
- Motorised actuation of normal stress using a stepper motor
- Motorised actuation of torsional stress using a stepper motor
- Load cells are used for the measurements of Vertical and shear stress
- Partial or complete test automation using Clisp Studio Ring shear software
- On board data logging (16 GB standard)
- Able to store thousands of Tests, each with thousands of data points (raw data)
- Data export via USB (in *.csv format)
- High speed ARM processor
- High speed sensor data conversion (24 bit up to 5000 sample/sec)
- Build-in live data and graphs
- Non-volatile Memory for sensitive data
- Residual shear strength tests
- Interface (Soil – Steel) shear tests
Additional Stainless Steel Interface Discs (Roughness range 6.3 - 12.5 Ra). Can be purchase in alternative grades of Stainless Steel.
Enquire Now - Bromhead Motorised Ring Shear System
"*" indicates required fields