The products listed below are representative System Setups for different types of Shear testing that can be provided by VJ Tech which are used with the associated software to control, monitor, execute and produce results for the various types of Shear test. They can be tailored to your requirements according to Shearbox sample sizes, Horizontal and Vertical Load measurement etc. Typical Shear System setups include;
- The ShearSCAN Pro using stepper motors for applying vertical and horizontal load to the sample enabling the system to carry out automated cyclic shearing, in addition to direct and residual shear. The ShearSCAN Pro can also carry out Oedometer testing using the supplied adaptor (requires csOEDO). The self-contained tabletop model eliminates the need for the numerous weights and there is no need for an air supply.
- The Direct/Residual Shear Test System which has automated data logging and is supplied complete with a lever loading device, hanger and shearbox carriage all mounted on a floor standing frame
- The Pro Large Direct/Residual Shear system which is specifically designed for testing large specimen sizes up to 300mm square and has automatic data acquisition. The Horizontal and Vertical Loads are applied electro-mechanically.
- The Automated Direct/Residual Shear Test System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying the vertical load to the sample when carrying out automated shear testing. The self-contained tabletop model eliminates the need for the numerous weights used in dead weight systems
- The Bromhead style Ring Shear Test System in which a rotational shearing action is applied continuously until a constant residual strength value is achieved. Load can be measured using Load Cells or Load Rings
- The Unsaturated Shear Testing System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying Vertical Load to an unsaturated sample.
Applicable Geotechnical Standards:
BS1377-7, ASTM D3080-04, ASTM D6467-13, ASTM D6528-07, AS 12188.8.131.52, Q181C
Select the category you are interested in below to see details;