Typical Consolidation Testing Systems
The products listed below are representative System Setups for different types of Consolidation testing that can be provided by VJ Tech and the associated software to control, monitor, execute and produce results for the various types of Consolidation test. Typical Consolidation System setups include;
- The ACONS Pro Motorised Automatic Consolidation System which uses a stepper motor to generate Force instead of compressed air. It has a compact design with a small footprint with up to 3 input channels (2 x Analogue & 1 x Digital) and USB or Ethernet Interface for computer control.
- The ACONS Pro Motorised Automatic CRS System uses a Multi-Purpose Consolidation (MPC) Frame with a stepper motor to generate Force for Constant Rate of Strain (CRS) testing. Back Pressure is provided by a Pro Single Automatic Pressure Controller and Pore Water Pressure is measured with a Pressure transducer. It comes with USB or Ethernet Interface for computer control
- The Automated Oedometer Consolidation Testing System using compressed air, which is simple and easy to use and specifically designed to automatically perform multiple loading increments when carrying out the Oedometer Consolidation test
- The manual oedometer consolidation dead weight system which can use a data logger to record the consolidation readings
- The Rowe Cell Testing System which utilises a Pro Dual hydraulic APC to apply vertical load to the sample so that drainage can be precisely controlled and loading to system giving an accurate control of applied loads over a wide range, including high pressures on large diameter samples. The Pro Dual APC also has inputs for the LSCT and PWP transducers, thus negating the need for a Data Logger
- The Pro SD - SWCC System determines both drying and wetting SWCCs. The Multi-Purpose Cell is available for a 70 mm diameter specimen and has a heater and a temperature sensor with a separate temperature controller. Vertical Load is applied using our Multi-Purpose Consolidation Load Frame and suction is generated using a Pro Pneumatic APC at the top of the sample and a Pro Hydraulic APC at the base, thus applying the axis-translation technique.
Applicable Geotechnical Standards:
BS EN ISO 17892-5 (2017), BS1377-5, BS1377-6, ASTM D4186-06, ASTM D4235-04, AS 12188.8.131.52, XP P94-090-1
Select the product you are interested in below to see details;
ACONS Pro Motorised Automatic Consolidation System
ACONS Pro Motorised Automatic CRS System
Automated Oedometer Consolidation Testing System
Manual Oedometer Consolidation