The products listed below are representative System Setups for different types of Shear testing that can be tailored to your particular configuration and used with the associated software to control, monitor, execute and produce accurate results for the various types of Shear test.
- The ShearSCAN Pro Motorised Automatic Shear Test System using horizontal and vertical electro-mechnical motors for applying the vertical and horizontal load to the sample when carrying out Constant Shear testing. It is also capable of Direct/Residual Shear as well as Consolidation testing using the supplied Plinth.
- The Pro Static Simple and Direct Shear Test System which uses stepper motors for applying Vertical and Horizontal loads to the sample. It is capable of Static Simple Shear, Constant Shear testing & Direct/Residual Shear, as well as Consolidation testing using the supplied Plinth.
- The Large Shear Pro system which is specifically designed for testing large specimen sizes up to 300 mm square (up to 100 kN) and has automatic data acquisition. The Horizontal and Vertical loads are applied electro-mechanically using stepper motors.
- The Large Shear Pro 250 system which is an updated version of the Large Shear Pro system for Higher Loads (up to 250 kN)
- The Bromhead style Ring Shear Pro Testing System in which a rotational shearing action is applied continuously until a constant residual strength value is achieved. Because there is no change in the area of the cross section of the shear plane, the sample can be sheared through an uninterrupted displacement of any magnitude. Load Cells or Load Rings can be fitted as Load transducers.
- The ShearTEST Pro Direct/Residual Shear Testing System which has inbuilt data logging and is supplied complete with a lever loading device, hanger and Shearbox, all mounted on a floor standing frame.
- The Unsaturated Shear Testing System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying Vertical Load to an unsaturated sample.
Applicable Geotechnical Standards:
British: BS1377-5, BS1377-7, BS EN ISO 17892-5, BS EN ISO 17892-10,
American: ASTM D2435-04, ASTM D2435-11, ASTM D3080-04, ASTM D3080-11, ASTM D6467-13, ASTM D6528-07, ASTM D6528-17,
Australian: AS 12220.127.116.11, AS 1218.104.22.168, Q181C,
French: XP P94-090-01
Select the Shear Testing System you are interested in for further details;