Unsaturated Direct Shear System
The bench mounted VJ Tech Unsaturated Direct Shear System is used to perform Direct Shear tests on soil samples under unsaturated conditions. The loading mechanism is utilised for applying the vertical stress to the sample and a stepper motor drive for horizontal load.
Suction is controlled inside the sealed sample chamber through the axis translation technique, utilising a hydraulic and a pneumatic Automatic Pressure Controllers (APC) to impose Pore Air and Pore Water pressures.
- Pneumatic actuator for Vertical displacement and load control (10 Bar air supply is required)
- Stepper motor control for Horizontal displacement control
- Inbuilt 4-Channel data logging
- 10kN Internal Vertical Load cell included
- 5kN Internal Horizontal Load cell included
- Built-in graphics display and keypad for local operation
- Sealed shear box sample chamber
- Sample sizes up to 75 mm (square or round)
- Built-in displacement and overload protection
- Unsaturated Direct Shear & Residual Shear tests
- Direct Shear
- Residual Direct Shear
Available in a variety of diameters & heights
Variety of sizes available in Bauxite stone or Sintered Metal for improved durability during high loads
Available in a variety of sizes
De-aired water tank (19 litre capacity) availability in hard anodised finish, or stainless steel for better durability. Vacuum pump is required; sold separately.
Assists users fill/empty their Pressure Controllers, Triaxial Cells and other pressure chambers. A variety of sizes panels are available to connect multiple devices. Can be supplied with or without a mechanical pressure gauge; which can act as an independent reference point.
Available in a variety of HAE Values, typically; 1 Bar, 3 Bar, 5 Bar, 15 Bar
Shearbox assemblies are available in a variety of sizes in both square and circular. They come complete with necessary base plates, loading caps and a pair of bauxite porous stones as standard.
Available in a variety of sizes; both square circular
The dolly is used to extract the specimen from the cutter. It is available in a variety of sizes; both Square and Circular.
Enquire Now - Unsaturated Direct Shear System
"*" indicates required fields