Bender Element System
The Bender Element System, featuring encapsulated piezoelectric elements in both the Top Cap and Base Pedestal, or provided in lightweight titanium capsules to mount horizontally on the sample, is designed for integration into either a specially designed Triaxial Cell or a Dynamic Triaxial Cell. These elements extend into the soil sample, in a non-destructive manner, to measure its shear wave velocity and small strain shear modulus (GMax).
This process involves sending a wave from a transmitting element through the soil sample to a receiving element. The comparison of the transmitted and received waveforms is facilitated using VJ Tech software.
In both setups, the cables from the Transmit and Receive elements are securely sealed as they exit the Triaxial Cell Base with cable bungs. These are then connected to the VJ Tech Bender Scope via Lemo connectors for efficient waveform processing. The Bender Element System is capable of conducting both S-Wave and P-Wave testing, providing comprehensive insights into the soil’s properties.
• Piezoelectric elements encapsulated in titanium for minimal weight (Horizontal capsules)
• Vertical S or P Waves are transmitted from the Top Cap Transmitter to the Base Pedestal Receiver
• Horizontal S and P Wave horizontal bender elements are inserted and sealed with the specially adapted sealing ‘O’ Rings
• Built-in signal generator with Sine, Square or Triangular waveforms
• Raw and processed data east to display and export
• Optimal temporal precision for determining wave speed.
• Single or multiple pulse generation with defined interval between pulses
• Maximum A/D resolution 16 bit
• Sampling frequency up to 50 kHz
• USB interface to PC
Variety of sizes available in Bauxite stone or Sintered Metal for improved durability during high loads
Available in a variety of diameters & heights. Nominal thickness is 0.4mm as standard.
Used to mounted Horizontal Bender Elements onto the specimen
Enquire Now - Bender Element System
"*" indicates required fields