Global Wind Day (GWD)
Global Wind Day is a worldwide event that occurs annually on 15th June. It is a day for discovering wind energy, its power and the possibilities it holds to reshape our energy systems, decarbonise our economies and boost jobs and growth.
What better way to celebrate Global Wind day than to illustrate the growing impact of world wind power generation? This century, the amount of wind power produced has risen dramatically, as shown by the following graph;
The Advantages of Wind Power
- A renewable and inexhaustible source of energy
- Non-polluting, thus helping towards limiting global warming
- An alternative energy source, reducing the need for coal & nuclear generated power
- A locally generated energy, so there is less dependence on imported energy
- Becoming cheaper every year
- Helping the local economy
What part can VJ Tech play?
At VJ Tech, we manufacture the equipment used to test the underlying environment to be used for the foundations of wind turbines, whether they are to be sited onshore or offshore.
VJ Tech is one of the top 5 soil equipment manufacturers in the world, and are proud to have been chosen to feature in the 2018 publication of The Parliamentary Review, Construction and Engineering Edition, an abridged copy of which can be found HERE;
In collaboration with the University of Surrey, we continue to examine the effects of cyclic loading on offshore wind turbines, and their long-term performance, please see the following blogs for further information;
About VJ Tech
About VJ Tech
Follow us on Social Media;