We are a company where innovation in every area is valued, where few join and even fewer leave. Many of our staff have been with us most of their professional career and its that loyalty and dedication we strive for in every recruit. It's our people who provide the innovations that help our customers stay ahead in some of the world's fastest-moving markets.
We all have it in us: the ability to be remarkable. The difference lies in connecting with the right company. We aim to select the right people from whatever culture and background, who will work together to achieve amazing results. As part of this unique organization, our people enjoy career opportunities many people never manage to find in a lifetime, international travel, research and development, training and more.
As a manufacturer we are heavily involved in research, design and sale of Mechanical and Electrical systems. We create our own Software and provide all the Supporting systems for a wide range of technologies covering all aspects of our product ranges. We don't outsource, we develop.
Job Tile: Geotechnical Support Engineer
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Reading, Berkshire
The role of the Geotechnical Support Engineer is a vital customer facing role, where the successful candidate will be one of the VJ Tech engineers working in the office and represent the company when installing our equipment in customer laboratories both home and abroad. In addition to having a good understanding of VJ Tech equipment and its operation, the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills.
The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical and willing to learn new developments. He/she must be keen to handle multiple tasks and be flexible.
Main Duties are, but are not limited to:
- In-house testing of software (no programming knowledge required), running laboratory tests for fault finding/development.
- Assisting the production team with system calibrations & testing.
- Installation & training of VJ Tech equipment at the customer site, both internationally and in the UK
- De-bugging and solving of problem issues with customer systems and products either remotely via TeamViewer from the office or on-site
- Preparation and maintenance of Support Documents
- Needs to attend Conferences and Exhibitions when required, wherever they are located
- Supporting Sales and non-technical staff within the company
- Communication with potential customers to identify their technical requirements for testing, producing sales quotations to meet their specific needs where necessary
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in lab testing
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages
- A basic understanding of electronic/electrical/mechanical system components
- Good time management and prioritisation of work to agreed deadlines
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to work with any member within the company
- Willing and able to deliver presentations
- Experience of writing papers or other technical literature would be an advantage.
If you are interested in the above position, please contact: email@example.com