The products listed below are representative System Setups for different types of Shear testing that can be provided by VJ Tech which are used with the associated software to control, monitor, execute and produce results for the various types of Shear test.
They can be tailored to your requirements and configuration possibilities are listed in the features section of the product (i.e. Shearbox sample sizes, Horizontal Load measurement etc.). The typical Shear System setups include;
- The Direct/Residual Shear Test System which has automated data logging and is supplied complete with a lever loading device, hanger and shearbox carriage all mounted on a floor standing frame
- The Large Direct/Residual Shear system which is specifically designed for testing large specimen sizes up to 300mm square and has automatic data acquisition. The horizontal load is applied electro-mechanically and the vertical load is applied using a hydraulic actuator
- The Automated Direct/Residual Shear Test System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying the vertical load to the sample when carrying out automated shear testing. The self-contained tabletop model eliminates the need for the numerous weights used in dead weight systems and the purpose built support stand enables the system to be wheeled around the laboratory
- The Ring Shear Test System in which a rotational shearing action is applied continuously until a constant residual strength value is achieved. Because there is no change in the area of the cross section of the shear plane, the sample can be sheared through an uninterrupted displacement of any magnitude
- The Unsaturated Shear Testing System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying the vertical load to an unsaturated sample contained within a sealed chamber.
Applicable Geotechnical Standards:
Select the Shear Testing System you are interested in for further details;